Mr. Gosa has been a secondary language arts teacher for more than 2.5 decades in the Palm Beach County School System in West Palm Beach, Florida. He has conducted numerous teacher workshops and teacher training seminars throughout the Palm Beach County District, as well as in the tri-county areas and Central Florida. He has written and published numerous textbooks (www.raygosabooks.com) in the languages arts. His techniques and methodologies have been used successfully to modify struggling and developing reader and writer curricula for all secondary grade levels.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education from the University of Alabama in Birmingham.
- Master of Education degree in K-12 Reading from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida.
Honors and Awards
- Winner “I Make a Difference” Teacher of Excellence Award in Palm Beach County (2007-2008)
- Dwyer Award Winner in Middle School Education (2007)
- Dwyer Award Nominee (2002-2003)
- Dwyer Award Nominee (1997-1998)
- Teacher of the Year Jefferson Davis Community Middle School (1997-1998)
- Member of Palm Beach County Teachers’ Guild
- Member of the Florida League of Teachers
- Who’s Who in Education (Multiple Designations)